Jewellery Repair in Sydney.
Chilton's offers a wide range of jewellery repair work from general repairs to remodelling. We specialise in antique jewellery repairs. We have four jewellers who are experts in their field, who all specialise in different areas of repair work depending on what you may require. No job is too large or small. Your pieces are just as special to us as they are to you and the utmost care is taken with their security while they are with us. We don't have on our jewellery workshops on premises & all our work carried out in our workshops. Our turn around times is 3-10 days depending on the work required, making & re modelling is 4-6 weeks. We can also arrange a courier the items to you at an additional cost if you don't live in the area.
Other repairs include:
- Re-clawing & re-tipping all rings
- Pearl & bead threading prices start from $35-$100 depending on length & if the necklace is knotted or unknotted.
- Antique jewellery repairs
- Soft soldering & laser repairs (great for items like emeralds, opals & pearls) where heat cannot be applied.
- Gemstone polishing, gem cutting & lapidary work
- Replacement & sourcing of any gemstones or diamonds
- Complex repairs that other jewellers may not have the expertise to carry out.
- Enamelling repairs to jewellery. One of our jewellers specialises in the repair of antique enamel jewellery. There are two types of enamelling, Cold & Hard enamelling. Hard enamelling is the fusion of special powdered glass to metal. Most jewellery work we do is cold enamelling as its doesn't require the piece to be put in a heated kiln & is a lot less costly.
- Rhodium plating & gilding are two of the most common fishes requested this is a thin coating plated onto metal & does wear with time, so it will only last a limited time frame before it will be needed to be re applied. Customers should be advised to take care to prolong the life of the plating.
- Faulty or brittle gold - sometimes while wearing jewellery it can appear to shatter or snap this might be due to the fact that the metal is faulty, if this occurs the item is unrepairable & will need to be taken back to where it was purchased. The fault can occur during the manufacturing process of the item due to such factor as overheating during the casting process or too many impurities in the metals. If this is the case it needs to be assed in detail. Unually the appearance of the metal is pitted & gritty.
Antique, Vintage and Estate Jewellery is by nature jewellery that has been worn and previously owned, therefore, the condition at the time of purchase is what is displayed in the shop. Vintage Jewellery won't be brand new, in a " never worn " showroom perfect condition. The jewellery itself may have minor wear and tear, also some small repairs may have been carried out over the years. This is part of the beauty and patina of owning a piece with a history. Our precious jewellery pieces are sent to our jewellery workshops to be cleaned and checked, prior to displaying them in our shop for sale. Chiltons has been in the business for over 30 years, we pride our selves on customer service and value all our current and future customers. If you have any issues with your purchase, please return to our store where we can discuss and resolve the matter. We do not cover items of jewellery for wear and tear, however, we are happy to discuss and cover any manufacturing faults.