Chilton's Antiques are fully qualified valuers we offer a valuation service in the store. Please call in with your items. We offer 24-72hr turn around with a laminated certificate with a photo from a fully qualified registered gemologist, diamond grader & NCJV valuer.
Single items $95 INC GST per certificate
Multiple items $80 INC GST per certificate
Please bring in any relevant paper work, past valuations or receipts if you don't have these its not a problem.
We also offer $25 service for up to 5 items verbal valuations (no diamonds) & we also do probate valuation & we buy.
Chilton's offer three different types of valuations certificates, depending on you requirements.
Types of Valuations
There are three different types of valuation certificates:
- Probate (Estate division- including divorce)
- Insurance (Replacement value)
- Re-Sale (Approximate price an item is worth to sell to us- based on current market prices)
At Chilton's Antiques we do all of the above certificates, depending on your requirements.
Items that will be valued at under $800 do not require valuation certificates. Receipts are usually deemed adequate by insurance companies
- We charge a fee per item for insurance valuations.
- If you require a verbal valuation, i.e.; nothing in writing, we charge a consultation fee of $25 for up to five items- note no diamonds will be graded. This fee will be waived if the goods are purchased by Chilton's Antiques.
- If you are just interested in selling an item there is no charge for us to say yes or no to whether we are interested in buying it.
- If its for probate or estate division we charge a set rate depending on how many items & what those items are.
- If you have purchased an item here over the value of $1000 you will not be charged for an updated valuation certificate.
We have a questions & answers page that may answer a number of questions regarding types of metals and stones. To make an appointment please call us on PH: (02) 9524 0360, during business hours.
Chilton's Antiques can come to you to appraise your items if you cannot come to us. Jewellery however will only be valued in the store. If you have a camera & would like to send us photos of what you have to see if we could be interested in purchasing them please send them to ATT: Liz Stevens 579 Kingsway Miranda NSW 2228 or email them to email@example.com there is no fee charged for us to have a look at photos.
SEE THE BUYING SHEET FOR DETAILS FOR THE TYPES OF GOODS THAT WE BUY